Welcome back to our freeiptvapk.com. In our site, we are continuously sharing about how to Chromecast a streaming video application or any application from the handheld devices. Likewise, Today also we are going to teach you about how to Chromecast Philo application on your TV from your handheld device like Mobile/PC. In this tutorial, I have covered all the steps regarding casting Philo. Let’s see how to do it.
Related article: Chromecast Voot
Here I will show you,
- About Philo
- Features of Philo
- How to Sign In and Subscribe to Philo?
- How to Chromecast Philo on your TV?
Philo is a subscription-based video streaming platform available in the US and its surrounding region. It was started in the year 2009. This service was owned by four different companies A&E Networks, AMC Networks, Discovery Inc, Viacom CBS. Philo offers the user to stream Live TV channels, On-demand videos, movies, series and many more. Nearly 40,000 hours of on-demand movies and TV shows available in this device.
Philo is an American media service provider, and it is one of the most used online media servers in the U.S. It offers its subscribers a library of movies and television programs online on a subscription basis. The Philo app supports Android, iOS, and also smart TV’s. This application is not compatible with Chromecast but still, you can cast the video contents by screen mirroring option. By using a Chromecast device, you can easily stream your favorite videos on a big screen.
Google Chromecast is the most compact and lightweight, portable online media streaming device by which you can easily cast Philo to your TV screen. The Philo application is completely free and is available on Google play store and Apple app store. If you don’t have a smartphone, it’s not the case to worry. You can also stream Philo from its official website using a chrome browser. Let’s see both the methods in detail to stream Philo to your TV screen.
Features of Philo:
- The Philo app has 59 top-rated channels, you can stream all the channels in HD quality.
- The channels available in the Philo app are Investigation Discovery, Lifetime, MTV, Nickelodeon, Oprah Winfrey Network, VH1, WE tv, AMC, Animal Planet, BBC America, BET, CMT, Comedy Central, Discovery Channel, Food Network, Hallmark Channel, HGTV, History, etc…
- It supports Unlimited DVR, using DVR you can save your favorite shows that will be available for the next 30 days in the app itself.
- The service is completely customizable.
- In a single account, You can create a maximum of 10 profiles.
- It supports streaming devices like Android devices, iOS devices, Roku, Chromecast, Firestick, FireTV, Android TV, Apple TV, and many.
- The user interface is clean and very simple to use.
How to Sign In and Subscribe to Philo?
As we already Know that Philo is a subscription-based service. So it is mandatory for the user to Create a Philo account. Also, you have to subscribe to it for streaming. Philo has only one subscription pack which costs 20$ per month along with 7 days of the free trial in the starting. Let’s see how to Subscribe to the Philo service.
Step1: Open your device and Go to the Chrome browser.
Step2: Search the Philo TV or Go to this link https://www.philo.com/
Step3: On the next page it will ask your mobile number.
Step4: Enter your mobile number.
Step5: You will receive a link on your mobile phone.
Step6: Click the Link and Sign UP button.
Step7: Fill your details.
Step8: On the next page, you can see your subscription plan.
Step9: Tap the subscription plan and make your payment.
Step10: Now you can stream the Philo app on any device.
How to Chromecast Philo on your TV?
The Casting Philo on your TV can be done in two methods, Two methods are,
- How to Chromecast Philo using a smartphone?
- How to Chromecast Philo using a Chrome browser from PC?
Let’s begin the casting process
How to Chromecast Philo using a smartphone?
Before casting, make sure that your Chromecast and your smartphone are connected to the same wi-fi network and proceed with the following steps mentioned below. As we already know the app is not compatible with Chromecast. So we need to screen mirror the app. For screen mirroring here we using the Google Home app.
- Open the respective store and Install the Google Home app.
- Open the Google Home app.
- At the top of your screen, you can see the Profile option.
- Click the Profile option.
- Inside the Profile scroll down the screen little bit.
- In that, you can see the Mirror Device option.
- Click the Mirror Device.
- In a second, Cast Screen/ Audio option display.
- Tap the Cast screen/audio.
- The app will search and show you a list of available devices for casting.
- Select your Chromecast device to which you need to stream your video.
- Now your Phone screen is mirrored to your TV.
- Now Go back to the respective store, Install the ‘Philo’ app from respective app stores at free of cost.
- Open the app and sign up with your login credentials.
- Start playing a video of your wish.
- Now the video you have selected will start playing on your TV screen.
Another advantage of this app is that while playing the video, you can minimize the app and start using your mobile. By using these simple steps, you can enjoy watching your favorite videos on a big screen.
How to Chromecast Philo using a Chrome browser from PC?
As mentioned earlier, you can also use the desktop to cast Philo on the TV. Let’s see how to perform it. Make sure that your desktop and Chromecast are connected to the same wi-fi network and continue with the following steps.
- Please install the latest version of the Chrome browser on your desktop and open it.
- Type this URL ‘ https://www.philo.com/ ‘ on the title bar and search for it.
- Sign up with your login credentials on the webpage.
- Tap on the three-dotted menu icon at the top right corner of the browser.
- From the drop-down menu, click on the ‘cast‘ option.
- It will search and show you a list of available devices for casting.
- From those devices, select your Chromecast to which you need to cast your videos.
- From the drop-down sources menu, click on the ‘cast tab‘ option.
- Now the video which you play on your desktop will start playing on your TV screen.
By using these simple methods, you can enjoy watching your favorite videos on a big screen.
Philo is one of the most used media servers in the US. For other country use a VPN server before streaming the Philo app. So by using this feature, you can enjoy your favorite movies or TV shows on a big screen. Chromecast is one of the best devices to cast any videos to TV and enjoy watching on a bigger screen. I hope that you have successfully cast Philo to TV Using Smartphone/Desktop. If you have any doubt regarding it, just leave a comment below.