Is it possible to watch Live TV channels on your TV screen without the use of cable networks? Yes, By using the Voot app, you can watch movies, TV shows, Live TV, and many more. There are plenty of video streaming services. From that, Voot is the best option to use. This tutorial will teach you how to Chromecast Voot on your TV.
Here, I will teach you.
- About Voot
- About Chromecast
- Features of Voot
- How to Chromecast Voot on your TV?
Related article: Chromecast pdf
Voot is an Indian online streaming platform service. It is developed by Viacom 18 in march 2016. This Application is supported on all platforms like Android, iOS, Windows, Roku, Chromecast, Firestick, and many more. Voot launched a new subscription-based service called Voot Select recently. Voot has a premium subscription which costs Rs.800/year, along with 30 days free trial package. This Application comes with a built-in casting feature. So that you can cast Voot to your TV screen effortlessly. Voot helps you to watch its channels anywhere at any time via an Internet connection. Voot contains 40,000 hours of more excellent video content.
Chromecast is a dongle media player device, a product of Google. This device is used for casting movies, music, videos, and more. This casting can be done by using a smartphone/laptop/PC. Casting is possible only when the Chromecast device is plugged into the TV’s HDMI port. So, it is necessary or mandatory thing that your TV should contain an HDMI port. Without an HDMI option, this will not be possible. This Chromecast device is not powered through the HDMI port of the TV. Instead, it is powered by two different methods which you can employ either of the methods based on your facilities:
- If your TV has a USB port, you can plug in the power source.
- Or else, you can use the power adaptor provided along with the box.
Chromecast requires a strong Wi-Fi connection. Certain Apps are available in the Chromecast device as a default. But Voot is not a Chromecast default one, but it is compatible with Chromecast devices, so we require Voot App for casting, or we can launch using the Chrome browser.
Features of Voot:
- The popular channels available on the Voot are MTV, News18, CNN, BBC, Starsports, ESPN, and many more.
- Video contents are available in multi-languages like Tamil, Telugu, Gujarati, Bengali, Marathi, Kannada, etc.
- Voot also telecast some additional live shows.
- It supports Chromecast to cast your favorite shows straight from your handheld devices.
- Bookmark option.
- Stream all videos in HD quality.
- Genre Sorting.
- You can watch international shows like Top Gear and Masterchef USA, Manson: The Lost Tapes, I Am Heath Ledge and more.
- The Dramas shown in Voot are Choti Sarrdaarni, Vish, Naagin, Shakti, Jhansi ki Rani and many more.
- The Reality shows in Voot are BiggBoss Hindi, BiggBoss Tamil, MTV Roadies, Love School, etc.
- You can get more features on premium subscriptions.
How to Chromecast Voot on your TV?
You can do this process by using two different methods
- Chromecast Voot with the help of a mobile phone
- Chromecast Voot with the help of a PC.
Necessary things for casting:
- Google Chromecast device.
- TV with HDMI port.
- Strong Wi-Fi connection.
Before starting your casting service, make sure that both the devices (smartphone/PC/laptop and Chromecast) are connected to the same Wi-Fi connection. Plugin the Chromecast device on the back of your TV screen.
How to Chromecast Voot with the help of a mobile phone?
Voot has an inbuilt casting feature by default, So we need to do other things. Just download the Voot Official App, available in the Google play store or the Apple App Store. The casting process is the same for both iOS and Android devices.
- Open the Voot app on your smartphone.
- Immediately, you can see the cast icon in the App’s top-right corner.
- Click on the Cast Icon.
- It will show the available devices for casting.
- You can choose your Chromecast device name from the list of devices displayed.
- On clicking it, your device gets paired and ready to cast.
- Now you can play any video on your TV from your smartphone.
- In case of exiting from the cast, you can click on the Cast icon and Choose to stop casting.
How to Chromecast Voot with the help of a PC?
If you can’t access Voot through App, you can use it through its official site. In addition, you can cast Voot to TV by using the Chrome browser.
- Open Chrome browser on your PC/laptop by entering VOOT’s official URL voot.com.
- Once the Voot official site is open, click on the menu option in the browser’s top-right corner.
- From the list, choose the Cast Icon.
- It will show the devices available for casting.
- Choose your Chromecast device and click sources and select the cast tab option.
- Now your PC screen will appear on your TV.
- Play any video that you want to play on your TV.
- Finally, Voot video content is available on your TV screen.
You can cast Voot to your smart TV from the above methods. Using the contents provided above, you can enable the cast option by either of the methods based on the features you have. If you are facing any issues or doubts, leave a comment below.