HBO Max Not Working on PS4: A PS4 can be termed as a dual-purpose device. That can serve as a gaming console and streaming device simultaneously. In that way, PS4 supports installing many apps like Netflix, Hotstar, CNN Plus, and much more. HBO Max is one such app that is compatible with PS4.
Using this, you can watch various movies, TV shows, series, documentaries, and much more. But, in recent times, many PS4 users have stated that they couldn’t access the HBO Max app on their console. We cannot exactly state the reason why HBO Max is not working on PS4.
But we have bought some workarounds that can be useful in resolving the issues with the HBO Max app. Do read the entire article given below to fix HBO Max Not Working on PS4.
How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on PS4?
Even though there are various factors that stop the HBO Max app from working properly, lack of internet connection could be the primary factor.
You can fix this issue by changing the network source. If it doesn’t help you to resolve the issue, kindly follow the below-given solutions to fix the HBO Max Not Working on PS4 issue.
#1. Check HBO Max Server Status
Seemingly, the server plays an essential role in the active operation of every online service. Indeed, HBO Max also has a server in various places.
Any issue with the respective server will stop HBO Max’s functionality and block you from streaming your favorite content.
But you can check HBO Max’s server status by referring to the HBO Max/Downdetector page. Indeed, Downdetector is a reliable website to verify the server status of various online streaming services.
If you found that the HBO Max server is experiencing an issue, indeed, you have to wait until the server returns back online.
#2. Check Internet Source
As I said earlier, an internet connection is very essential for an online streaming service to load content. A slow internet speed or glitches with the network device will block the internet.
In such a case, you cannot access the HBO Max app on PS4. Don’t worry. The following guide will help you troubleshoot the network device with simple steps.
- Firstly, Turn Off the Wifi router or modem.
- Disconnect the device from the power source.
- Let the device be disconnected for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Then, plug in the device again to the power socket.
- Connect your PS4 to the troubleshot internet connection.
- Launch the HBO Max app, and hopefully, it should be working fine.
#3. Restart/Update PS4
If the issue is not with the network connection, it may be due to technical glitches on your PS4 console. That can be treated in two ways.
Either you can try a simple system restart or go with updating the software. Whatever your decision may be, the following steps guide you through both procedures.
- Go to the Home screen on your PS4 console.
- Access the Power options.
- Choose the Restart PS4 option.
- Press on the “X” button to confirm your selection.
- Go to the Settings page.
- Select the System Software Update option.
- Click on the Update button if you find an update for your system.
#4. Update/Re-Install HBO Max
The HBO Max app may need an update if you are using the app for a long time. Seemingly, a smart device or app will always receive an update often to fix the bugs in it.
In case failing to update the app will result in HBO Max Not Working on the PS4 issue. Either you can try updating or reinstalling the app to fix the issues with the HBO Max app.
Update HBO Max
- Go to the Apps section on your PS4 console.
- Select the HBO Max app.
- Press the Options button and choose the Check for Updates option.
- Click on the Update button to update the HBO Max app to the latest version.
Re-Install HBO Max
- Choose the HBO Max app on your PS4 console.
- Access the More options menu and click on the Delete option.
- Now, install the HBO Max app from the PlayStation Store.
- Open the app and log in with your respective account credentials.
- Hopefully, the HBO Max app will be working fine.
#5. Factory Reset PS4
The final option that you can try is resetting your PS4 to its initial settings. Seemingly, this will help you get rid of the bugs and glitches on your device. Follow the below-given steps to reset your PS4 without any hassle.
- Navigate to the Settings page on your PS4 console.
- Move to the Initialization settings.
- Choose the Initialize PS4 option.
- Then, click on the Restore Default Settings option.
- Press the “X” or “O” button on your PS4 controller to confirm your selection.
#6. Reach the Customer care
Suppose still also you face the not working problem of HBO Max on PS4, then reach the customer service of the HBO Max or the PS4 to vanish the problem of HBO Max not working on PS4.
Definitely, this trick will be going to help get rid form the problem of HBO Max on PS4. In addition, easily you can contact them via the online customer support page.
Indeed, the above post holds the essential steps to fix the issues with the HBO Max app. The best part is that you can perform the troubleshooting steps by yourself without the help of any technician. Furtherly, you can also refer to the HBO Max help center in case of non-solved issues. Thank You for choosing our article.