Smart TVs are playing a vital role in family entertainment. People often choose to buy a TV for family entertainment instead of choosing other electronic appliances. Because Smart TVs allow you to be entertained with your family members or friends by watching your favorite channels or streaming services. We all know that you can install streaming services on your Smart TV if it supports. So people choose to buy a Smart TV. In this category, Samsung took a place to entertain the group of people by providing Smart TVs. Samsung TV is one of the most used TVs among all TVs. You look for alternatives to Samsung TV’s remote because of certain reasons. In this article, you’ll know the steps on how to turn on/off the Samsung TV without a remote.
Related Article: How to Turn on Bluetooth on Hisense Smart TV
Is it Possible to Turn on Samsung TV Without a Remote?
Yes, it can be possible. You can turn on your Samsung TV without a remote. You may look for ways to turn on your Samsung TV without a remote because for certain reasons such as your TV’s remote may be lost or it needs new batteries or it may need to be repaired or a new remote may be needed. For your problems with the remote, you can follow our below instructed steps to turn on your Samsung TV without a remote.
How to Turn on/off Samsung TV without a Remote?
You can turn on your Samsung TV without a remote by going through any of the below-given procedures. Let’s move to the ways.
- Turn on Samsung TV using the TV Controller or Control Stick or Remote Control Sensor
- Turn on Samsung TV using SmartThings App
How to Turn on/off Samsung TV using TV Controller / Control Stick / Remote Control Sensor?
Your Samsung TV has the TV Controller or Control Stick or Remote Control Sensor at the backside, under the middle front panel, or under the right-front panel (to your right, when you’re facing the TV) depending upon the model of your Samsung TV.
Step1: Look for the Control Stick on your Samsung TV. If you don’t know the position, then use the user manual of your Samsung TV and find the Control Stick.
Step2: Do any one of the following.
- If it’s on the backside (right side when you’re facing the TV) of your TV, then long-press the middle button to turn on/off your Samsung TV.
- If it’s under the middle front panel of your TV, it has two possibilities. The first one is with 5 buttons and the other is with a single button.
- If your TV has 5 buttons, then long-press the middle button to turn on/off your Samsung TV.
- Your TV has a single button, then long-press the button to turn on your TV and to turn off your TV press the button and highlight the Power option on your TV screen, and long-press the button.
- If it’s available under the right of the front panel, then it’ll be a single button. So long-press the button to turn on your TV and to turn off your TV press the button and highlight the Power option on your TV screen and long-press the button.
Note: “Don’t forget to remove the frame to access the Control Stick, if you’re using a frame TV”.
Also, Check out Apple TV on Samsung Smart TV
How to Turn on/off Samsung TV using SmartThings App?
This procedure is applicable only if you added your Samsung TV to the SmartThings app. Otherwise, you won’t be able to do this procedure.
Adding your Samsung TV to SmartThings app:
Step1: Install the SmartThings app on your phone and set it up.
Step2: Prefer the Hamburger icon and choose Location.
Step3: Choose the destination location of your choice.
Step4: Then prefer the Plus icon and choose the Device option.
Step5: Prefer the Scan option if your Phone uses Bluetooth technology. Otherwise, search your Samsung TV using the search bar.
Step6: Then your TV will display the code. Enter that code in the respective field on your Phone.
Turn on Samsung TV using SmartThings app:
Then turn on/off your Samsung TV without a remote by opening the SmartThings app on your phone and tap on the Power button.
Check out: ITVHub on Samsung Smart TV
You can turn on and off your Samsung TV without a remote using the Control Stick or SmartThings app. And we’ve provided the steps to turn on your Samsung TV without a remote. We hope that our article will be useful to you.